• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Android tablets

hekkenboer

Lurker
Apr 1, 2011
Hi, I have a question:

I would like to use a tablet for my job: I'm a teacher and it would save me a whole lot of carrying books around all day long. One condition is that there is an app in honeycomb that allows me to have more than one book (pdf or any other kind) at my fingertips at the same time. ideally the books should be open at the same time on different desktop-pages so that I can slide from one open book to another, but even piled up on the same page is an option for me.

Bleeding ipad hasn't foreseen this exact eventuality so it seems, I hope adroid has.

Does anyone know this is at all possible?

thanks in advance

DR

The ebook readers I have used will keep a place within a book when you close it, it would not be quite as fluid as you want however...close book 1>open book 2>loading>open>close book 2>open book 1>loading>open. You may be able to have 2 seperate ebook readers open at the same time and switch bettween the two apps but there may still be loading times.

Upvote 0
Hi,

thanks for your replies, they are truly very helpful: meanwhile I have more or less followed your advice, and I am trying to find a way in the world of windows 7 tablets.

but maybe for this I have to be in another forum altogether?

for what it's worth:
1. what do you guys think of the samsung 7 convertible?
2. why does this one seem so quick in reacting to the touch (literally!) and in contrast to this, is the dell inspiron duo so incredibly sluggish? is it too good to be true?
3. is it worth waiting for windows 8, or are the sceptic reactions towards windows 7 as an os for touchpads ungrounded?

sorry if this is brutally inapropriate on an android forum!! still...

thanks in advance!

3s

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones