Question about Froyo update (Galaxy S)General

Last Updated:

1. flekz22

flekz22 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    I have recently updated my Galaxy S to Froyo (on Vodafone UK network) and it's great. However, having read various articles about Froyo beforehand i was expecting the homescreen to 'look different'. I had seen pictures of a new homescreen dock, similar to those in ADW and LauncherPro. But nothing has changed looks-wise on my phone and Touchwiz launcher still has the same 4 coloured icons in the same dock.

Am i missing something here?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member

My best guess is that those screenshots you saw were of someone who had a custom destkop app like aHome for example.

3. odbod

odbod Active Member

The Galaxy S has Samsung's own TWLauncher as it's default home screen; the changes you've seen are for the standard Android launcher. If you want to see how that looks/feels try 'LauncherPro' from the Market - it's a souped up version of the standard launcher, I for one have used it on my Galaxy for months :):)

scuba50 likes this.
  4. flekz22

flekz22 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for clearing that up!

actually i have been using LP for some time now even before upgrading. I just didnt like the thought i might be missing elements of my upgrade! :)

5. thisismetcalf

thisismetcalf Well-Known Member

You're saying you updated it to Froyo manually? Or UK service pushed it to your phone?

If they pushed it, I'm exremely jealous!