• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Froyo update (Galaxy S)

flekz22

Lurker
Nov 22, 2010
Hi
I have recently updated my Galaxy S to Froyo (on Vodafone UK network) and it's great. However, having read various articles about Froyo beforehand i was expecting the homescreen to 'look different'. I had seen pictures of a new homescreen dock, similar to those in ADW and LauncherPro. But nothing has changed looks-wise on my phone and Touchwiz launcher still has the same 4 coloured icons in the same dock.

Am i missing something here?

Thanks

Hi
I have recently updated my Galaxy S to Froyo (on Vodafone UK network) and it's great. However, having read various articles about Froyo beforehand i was expecting the homescreen to 'look different'. I had seen pictures of a new homescreen dock, similar to those in ADW and LauncherPro. But nothing has changed looks-wise on my phone and Touchwiz launcher still has the same 4 coloured icons in the same dock.

Thanks

The Galaxy S has Samsung's own TWLauncher as it's default home screen; the changes you've seen are for the standard Android launcher. If you want to see how that looks/feels try 'LauncherPro' from the Market - it's a souped up version of the standard launcher, I for one have used it on my Galaxy for months :):)

Reactions: scuba50
Upvote 0
The Galaxy S has Samsung's own TWLauncher as it's default home screen; the changes you've seen are for the standard Android launcher. If you want to see how that looks/feels try 'LauncherPro' from the Market - it's a souped up version of the standard launcher, I for one have used it on my Galaxy for months :):)

Thanks for clearing that up!

actually i have been using LP for some time now even before upgrading. I just didnt like the thought i might be missing elements of my upgrade! :)

Upvote 0
Hi

Thanks

You're saying you updated it to Froyo manually? Or UK service pushed it to your phone?

If they pushed it, I'm exremely jealous!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones