• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Ghost Armor and Invisble Shield use with Moto Droid

jbg25

Nov 26, 2009
I just got my droid exchanged yesterday, and while carrying it around without the body glove shell I realized that the naked phone was kinda nice. Don't get me wrong....the BG shell served me well since I bought it with my phone on launch day...and there were many features I really liked. Just 2 big problems....

1) PIA to remove to access battery and SD card
2) Too frickin BIG!

I have read all the great reviews and many of bad ones too (which seem mostly due to application issues). If I do this I will go to BestBuy and pay them to apply it....but first two questions....

1) Do you still have access to the battery cover if need be without having to remove the protector

2) I have read a lot about the edges peeling and getting all gunked up. Is this inevitable with this type of protector? Or is this again a result of application/human error?

Thanks!

You will still have access to the battery.
The edges will peel up and gunk up from that. (the the side corner pieces). I have never had a problem at all with the front screen cover having this problem.

I have always used a invisibleshield on my phones. I have been through 2 on my droid. Both of the ones I got for my droid came with imperfections and ghost shadows in the rubber from the press or something. they both loooked like **** so i threw them both away. I let them dry for two weeks before I made the decision to remove them. Im done spending money with that company. Invisibleshields quality has gone down hill!
Also, it does make a difference when having the protector on. It does hinder the performance. Its harder to get bottom buttons to recognize your press. not horrible but definately not as good as without one. when using swype is also more difficult. I have never used ghost armor but if i was in your shoes i would use it instead of invisibleshield. I just cant express enough how dissapointed I am with there product now.

Upvote 0
I just got Ghost Armor on my screen (no full-body protection, just screen) on Saturday night. The girl who applied it got it exactly right, except that they used a drying device that made the phone kind of hot for a while. There were a few kinks for about 12 hours after application, including involuntary scrolling on my screen, but after those 12 hours, I

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones