• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about lag issue when taking video

Evo4sickness

Android Enthusiast
Dec 1, 2010
Whats people had question about two vids I have taken two days ago. I have the stock setting on the camera except for lowered ISO and the Sharpness was at the max. So in the vid you will see that in between the second of 11 and 12 you will see a lag and jump Iam not understanding what could be causing this but the only thing I could think of is the the fact the Sharpness was raised to the max.

Can someone tell me if you have seen this on any your videos or herd of the sharpness setting causing this. Because its hard to believe it would and doenst make any sense. What doesnt make sense I have taken other videos whith the same sharpness setting and have not had that problem.

Another question is about the uploading of the actually video. I had 3g on and it was telling me it was waiting for WIFI to upload but to my understanding you can upload videos through 3g which also did not make any sense to me.

Thank you Iam uploading the second vid up now So I will be posting that one asap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA1bL3Cfu20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teaGGTcKS1E
On this clip it happens at 10 seconds.
My last question was also whats up with the bending of the video when you move it left or right too quickly. Whats the reason for this. I thought you would only have that on a camera that would have real bad fps and not HQ 720p.

HTC makes terrible hardware, and their software is painfully unoptimized...I cant wait to jump ship to the Nexus S.

I really would have to disagree with your statement pertaining to the cameras and the whole overall build of the phone and the OS. Yes the one complain I do have is the dust underneath the screen and will agree with you on that. But supposedly it was when HTC outsourced the Evo to other companies. I have spoken to people who have had the launch Evo and they have told they dont have the problem. Now the issue Iam having I really doubt is a harware issue and looks like an issue coming from the setting but thats why I am asking since I didnt have the problem before.

Upvote 0
^Your first and second sentences diagree with each other.

From using a piss poor screen with only 65k colors to delay when reading from SD cards to poor video recording performance, to low battery life, to dropping 10% charger on charge unplug, HTCs lack of quality is absurdly obvious.

No they dont I was just saying you have to exclude the screen thats why I said overall quality. I found the solution to the 10 percent dropping you to plug it back in and than recharge the 10 percent back up and it will hold that percentage.
Can you at least answer my original question of if you have see it or had this problem your self. And.if you have whats your settings at.

Upvote 0
1.) If you exclude certain areas to talk about overall quality, you are not really talking about overall quality.

2.) Unplugging and replugging isn't a solution, its a work around for poor design.

3.) My video recording doesn't lag/freeze up like yours, but the video quality is poor and the audio is worse...

Other than the screen, charge and screen, you got yourself a wonderful phone there...:rolleyes:

GL with the fix though....sorry I couldn't be more help.

Upvote 0
1.) If you exclude certain areas to talk about overall quality, you are not really talking about overall quality.

2.) Unplugging and replugging isn't a solution, its a work around for poor design.

3.) My video recording doesn't lag/freeze up like yours, but the video quality is poor and the audio is worse...

Other than the screen, charge and screen, you got yourself a wonderful phone there...:rolleyes:

GL with the fix though....sorry I couldn't be more help.

You can also always get a the Seido battery that lasts for 2 days with fulk usage. The audio has to do with the codec not the audio. If you download any recording app you will see the amazing recording cababilities.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones