• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question for people that went from Droid to Droid X - Camera related

GuardianAli

Nov 7, 2009
I have the original Droid. Love it. Thinking of getting the Droid X.
One question. How is the shutter compared to the original? Im satisfied with the pic quality from posted samples.
But the original has a noticeable lag when taking one pic to the next making quick shots and successive shots not very practicable. Specially since it makes moving subjects blurry.

Does the Droid X camera take faster pics then the original?

I didn't have the original Droid but there is definitely a slight shutter lag. Outside in the sun , it's not too bad but inside it's been difficult to capture moving subjects without a blur. Plus, imho the focus on the phone isn't that great so it may be exacerbating the blur.

I'm coming from the evo which had virtually no lag/very sharp focus so I might be noticing the them on the x more than someone coming from another phone..ymmv.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones