Question for people that went from Droid to Droid X - Camera relatedSupport

Last Updated:

1. GuardianAli

GuardianAli Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have the original Droid. Love it. Thinking of getting the Droid X.
    One question. How is the shutter compared to the original? Im satisfied with the pic quality from posted samples.
    But the original has a noticeable lag when taking one pic to the next making quick shots and successive shots not very practicable. Specially since it makes moving subjects blurry.

Does the Droid X camera take faster pics then the original?

Advertisement
  2. evo678

evo678 Well-Known Member

I didn't have the original Droid but there is definitely a slight shutter lag. Outside in the sun , it's not too bad but inside it's been difficult to capture moving subjects without a blur. Plus, imho the focus on the phone isn't that great so it may be exacerbating the blur.

I'm coming from the evo which had virtually no lag/very sharp focus so I might be noticing the them on the x more than someone coming from another phone..ymmv.

3. wantonsoup

wantonsoup Member

Droid X is faster - I too was annoyed by the slow Droid camera. DX has improved it. Plus IMO the camera app in general is much improved.

4. T66T

T66T Well-Known Member

the droid x has a mechanical shutter which has yet to be seen in any other phone, so yes it is snappier than the original droid