• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Question on the USB charging cable

mosabi

Jul 22, 2010
According to the HTC website it says a Micro USB cable included. This is fine and dandy but today I asked a buddy if I could borrow his Micro USB cable to charge my phone and it wouldn't fit, he's got an HTC Hero thru sprint. Looking side to side at our phone charging ports they are definitely different. Why does the Incredible have a proprietary connection other than your typical micro usb?

Thanks for any insight. Oh, where is the best place online to order cables and/or vehicle charging cables?

Thanks

The older phone might be a MINI USB. The Incredible is indeed a Micro USB. THe Incredible has fit 2 ports into 1. The MicroUSB is the small tab at the front of the port, and just behind that is the TV-Out connector. I have yet to find a Micro USB connector that does not work with this phone. I have been too cheap to get the TV-Out cable as I don't have any need for it.

Hope this helps you

Reactions: mosabi
Upvote 0
HTC Hero is Mini-USB per the specifications page on HTC's web site, while the HTC Incredible is Micro-USB.

HTC - Products - HTC Hero - Specification

I was too lazy to look up the specifications, but its the only reason I could see the cable not fitting or working (unless the Micro USB part breaks off, which I hope never happens to anyone).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones