• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

questions about display and brightness

symp el

Jul 27, 2010
What is the difference between "automatic brightness adjustment" and "power saving mode" which has the description "save power by adjusting image and adjusting LCD brightness"?

Which one should I have on to conserve battery? It sounds like the do the same thing.

Good question.

What I am doing at the moment is turning auto off, and I leave it at lowest setting unless outside and need it brighter.

I notice that I do have it on power saving mode. That must answer a question I was going to post. Even though I do not have brightness set to automatic, I notice that when I have the phone in the generic cradle in my car and hooked to power, I typicallyl set it to brightest, and after a short time it will dim. I bet that is the power saving mode. Of course, being plugged in, I don't think that is necessary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones