• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

questions about handsets, and what is possible with android.

kevinnem

Oct 9, 2009
Hello everyone.

Firstly, I wanted to mention taht I live in canada, so that might mean some solution do, or don't exist.

What I am looking for is some sort of smart phone that can do the folowing:

GPS navigation stuff, makeing bookmarks of places, and entering coordinates is good.

Voice over IP . even if it is using the voice implimentation of something like ventrillo, that would work, even better is to have it act like a true phone. Ideally I want to do this so that I can use WIFI network, rather then phone minites, to keep monthly cost down.

Phone and video are cool and all, but on my current "dumb" phone I don't use them at all.

Flash support is cool, if possible.

A faster processor, and large screen prefered. - no preferance really on the "phsical" keypad.

it would be very usefull if I could hook up a blue tooth head set, for talking while driveing (like hand free system) as well as around the house.

Some sort of organiser/scheduler situation.

Anyway, IA m sure you will ahve questions fire away. I also realise that some of these are "app" solutions, some are "hand set" solutions, however, I don't know much about smart phones, and the details of comapablity.

Thanks all.

TAlk to you soon.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones