Questions about root I can't seem to find the answer to.

Last Updated:

1. antron007

antron007 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey gang,
    I've been thinking of rooting and reading and reading but still have some unanswered questions and want to be sure I understand exactly what I'm doing.
    I'm on stock 2.1 and of course have a bunch of aps. I even bought tapatalk and beautiful widgets. Also i plan on going to froyo. So here goes: 1 do I even need to root 2.1 or can I just flash straight to a rooted froyo rom?

2 will it delete my apps? And when? When i flash sbf recovery onto the phone or when i run a recovery (sbf) file to install a rom? Is there a way to back them up before hand or do I have to redownload all of them?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

you cant just go to froyo you have to root first.

you can backup your app with titanium backup after you are rooted and before you flash a froyo rom.

Even if you dont backup apps froyo will auto reinstall them when you first sign in. It will not save your data though so titanium is the better route.

Branndon likes this.
  3. antron007

antron007 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So installing the sbf will root me but not wipe my apps. Then use titanium to back them up. Jik. Then install a froyo.

That sound about right.

Thanks again you seem to always be the first to answer any of my questions. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

just make sure you use the SPRecovery sbf the other sbf files will wipe your data