Questions about the Galaxy SSupport

Last Updated:

1. richie83

richie83 New Member This Topic's Starter

Questions:

1. How many GB of storage does this phone have? I read online that it comes in 8 and 16gb versions. The one I have shows a total capacity of 13GB in the internal SD card.

2. When Froyo becomes available, how will we update it? Via Kies? Or?

Advertisement
  2. M22RDY

M22RDY Active Member

You have to accommodate for the operating system etc. So the 8gig will have around 5+ gig to store & play with. Same with the 16gig, you have to make way for the system files. And remember 16gig isn't actually 16gig due to the translation from byres to megabytes to gigabites.

Froyo should be being released later this month from branded models, there is beta roms available but I would think you should just hold off. There has been an update for unbranded models in the last couple of days I'm sure.

3. richie83

richie83 New Member This Topic's Starter

1. also some people say that 2.1 is letting them use only 256mb of ram. Mine is allowing up to 326mb of total available ram. how is this possible?

2. Do I need to root if I don't want to unlock it and if everything is running ok? GPS is a bit off from current location but I heard about an upcoming fix so shud i wait for it or use a root fix?