Questions about Verizon's policiesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. androidnewb

androidnewb Member This Topic's Starter

So I have that extended Verizon return policy since I purchased my Eris a couple of days ago (anyone confirm this with a retail store yet?)

What is Verizon's return policy on phones and accessories?
    If the phone is in decent shape, will they take it back?
    Are there any exceptions of when you can't exchange a phone? (I'm using the Eris and seeing if I like it, if not I will exchange for a DROID or HTC Passion if it comes out before the refund date)
    Can I return the protective case?

Also does Google Talk count as Data or text messages? I assume data right?

Advertisement
  2. DroidDO

DroidDO Well-Known Member

You are correct. They will take a phone back without major damage. ie no gashes or cracked screen. The return date for any phone bought directly from Verizon from now till Dec 14 can be returned up to Jan 13. And yes, google talk is data.

For reference:

3. Bravo311

Bravo311 Well-Known Member

I returned a Droid and the accesories(car charger and body glove hard case) last friday for the Eris and no questions were asked. Except of course why I wanted to "downgrade" lol.

4. ralar

ralar Member

Today is day 30 since I ordered my Droid online. I activated it two days later.

Last night, as I was walking through a dark parking lot. I heard something and thought I had stepped on a flattened aluminum can. I almost walked away, but went back to see if I could find whatever I had stepped on. I couldn't see anything, but I felt the "thing" as I first stepped on it, and then kicked it. To my horror, it lit up and when I bent down I dicovered it was my Droid! It has a Phantom Skinz protector installed on the screen. The asphault scratched up the protector pretty badly and also tore a small hole in it, resulting in a small scratch on the glass (only visible when the phone is turned off). I'm sure the phone would be unuseable had the Phantom Skinz not been in place. In addition to the small scratch on the glass, the phone sustained numerous deep scratches to the bezel surrounding the glass, and some scratches to the top edge of the keyboard.

Since I purchased the Droid in December, I have until mid-January to return it "no questions asked." Does "no questions asked" also apply to scratched phones? Since I am still within 30 days of activating the phone, I should be able to add insurance.

What do you think the chances are that I will be able to simply return the phone? I'm willing to return it and go back to my Blackberry for a few days before purchasing another Droid, if necessary. Or, should I simply add the insurance and pay the deductible for a lost or damaged phone?

TIA.

5. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

The options you present raise ethical questions only you can answer for yourself. Adding insurance after the fact is fraud. If you take the phone back, and are honest with the rep about what happened and they swap you out then hey good for you. But any credible rep wouldn't do it for you. IMHO i would just live with it. Sounds to me all the damage is cosmetic anyway.

6. SGM-CO

SGM-CO Well-Known Member

Another policy to be aware of is demo'ing out to many phones.

I went from a BB Tour, then tried the Eris, then found the Eris $50 cheaper at Best Buy...so returned the Eris, reactivated my old Blackberry...went to Best Buy and the system said I made 3 contract changes in under 30 days so I couldn't get the new cheaper Eris. Now i am back to my old BB WE until the 17th which is when my billing cycle starts over. ARG. Now I am wondering if I should wait for the N1. MMMMM I am itching to get something. Love my BB but in the mood for something new and different.

Oh and I called VW to see if they could over ride the system, nope.

7. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

That is the most interesting/weird post I have ever seen.

Anyway, I suggest that you just take it back to Verizon and ask a saslesmen at the beginning of the day (when they are about to leave, they won't do anything).