• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick messaging question

EdibleTire

Lurker
Aug 1, 2010
Now before I get flood of 'get handcent' and ' get chompsms' responses, I'm letting you all know that I have used both, and I have found both either don't show or don't save pic messages. I'm a promoter so i need to use pic messages, so don't mind the stock messenger since its the only one that works right with pic messaging. The only problem I have with it is that I can't select multiple contact from my list to text at the same time. How is this not a stock feature? If it did that, I would delete the other messenger apps and save very valuable space on my phone. Well, I guess this is more of a rant than asking for help, but if anyone has any input, it would be greatly appreciated

Sorry, I might not have been clear. I CAN sent texts to multiple contacts, but I was saying I don't want to have to keep typing in the contacts name for each one. I'd rather have a sort of checklist where I can pick each contact (like on basically every other phone I've had in my life), or even better, groups for contacts I regularly contact. I already downloaded an app to organize contacts, before I found out about using my gmail account to do it. Anyway, like I said, this should definitely be a regular feature with the stock messaging app

Upvote 0
Sorry, I might not have been clear. I CAN sent texts to multiple contacts, but I was saying I don't want to have to keep typing in the contacts name for each one. I'd rather have a sort of checklist where I can pick each contact (like on basically every other phone I've had in my life), or even better, groups for contacts I regularly contact. I already downloaded an app to organize contacts, before I found out about using my gmail account to do it. Anyway, like I said, this should definitely be a regular feature with the stock messaging app

Hi - I've had the same issues with picture messages using Hancent and ChompSMS :mad:.

As regards sending a text message to a group - in your gmail contacts create a group that you might want to text, then select that group under 'People' on the phone (second icon along at the bottom of the screen).

Go into the group i.e. Favourites or whatever, then again select the second icon along at the bottom of the screen. This gives you the option to either send a group text message or group email.

Is that what you're after?

Upvote 0
Hi - I've had the same issues with picture messages using Hancent and ChompSMS :mad:.

As regards sending a text message to a group - in your gmail contacts create a group that you might want to text, then select that group under 'People' on the phone (second icon along at the bottom of the screen).

Go into the group i.e. Favourites or whatever, then again select the second icon along at the bottom of the screen. This gives you the option to either send a group text message or group email.

Is that what you're after?

Thanks for the reply. I have an app that put my contacts into groups, but the only problem I had was that the stock message app didn't seem to have a way to easily text said groups, so I just use ChompSMS to text groups. Oh, and the pic message problems with handcent and chomp suck pretty bad. I guess I'll jus have to deal with it for the moment. I sent an email to the ChompSMS developer regarding the pic message problem, but I'm not expecting a reply any time soon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones