Quick problem with Android 2.1 and messagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. count23

count23 Guest This Topic's Starter

Fro some reason messages that come in from SYS_ALERT, my bank and my eTag company are all being automatically linked with a contact from facebook whom is clearly not related to these various sources. I don't know how to stop this. It's been going on since i first got the phone, clearing the messages service data seems to fix it for only a few seconds, as soon as the service restarts, it auto links back to the facebook contact again.

I saw that someone else had this problem before on their phones on these forums (something was mentioned about 20 concurrent threads on this issue) but i've been unable to find the solution.

Advertisement
  2. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

Yeah that happened to me when I was running 2.1, my banks number got linked to a completely irrelevant contact!

Since the 2.2 update it seems to have stopped, maybe it was just a horrible bug that got sorted with the update. Are you on a branded handset and waiting for the update?

3. count23

count23 Guest This Topic's Starter

I'm on a branded handset, so i can't upgrade at this time, and knowing the Telco I'm signed up with, it'll be 6 months before the new version is released.