• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick question regarding Calendar

htchero123

Nov 8, 2009
hi guys,

this might sound like a silly question, but i need to know the answer.

If you goto CALENDAR>>MENU>>SETTINGS>>REMINDERS

there is an option called REMINDER TIME and you can set between 5mins to 1 week.

Can you guys tell me what this is and does please????

The reason i ask is that i have transferred my calender from outlook and for example i have a reminder on at 10am, but the alarm kicks off at 9:50am...i simply want it to start at the time i choose and nothing else.

I know this is a long shot, but are there any better calender apps out there which replace the standard one? I want a calendar app with more options..for example you can only choose one type of tone for all events and i want to be able to choose a tone for different events...i.e. for morning more quieter tones that don't shock me to wake up and for daytime, much louder tones when i'm at work.

It's the time before the appointment the phone will alert you.

If you set it to 10 minutes and have an appointment for 09:00 then the phone will alert you at 08:50.

As for different alert volumes try the Locale app. Don't think it can change the alert sound but can automatically change alert volumes depending upon time and/or location.

Hopefully that should sort it out for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones