Quick question regarding Calendar

Last Updated:

1. htchero123

htchero123 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys,

this might sound like a silly question, but i need to know the answer.

If you goto CALENDAR>>MENU>>SETTINGS>>REMINDERS

there is an option called REMINDER TIME and you can set between 5mins to 1 week.

Can you guys tell me what this is and does please????

The reason i ask is that i have transferred my calender from outlook and for example i have a reminder on at 10am, but the alarm kicks off at 9:50am...i simply want it to start at the time i choose and nothing else.

I know this is a long shot, but are there any better calender apps out there which replace the standard one? I want a calendar app with more options..for example you can only choose one type of tone for all events and i want to be able to choose a tone for different events...i.e. for morning more quieter tones that don't shock me to wake up and for daytime, much louder tones when i'm at work.

Advertisement
  2. Nighthaunt

Nighthaunt Well-Known Member

It's the time before the appointment the phone will alert you.

If you set it to 10 minutes and have an appointment for 09:00 then the phone will alert you at 08:50.

As for different alert volumes try the Locale app. Don't think it can change the alert sound but can automatically change alert volumes depending upon time and/or location.

Hopefully that should sort it out for you.

3. htchero123

htchero123 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Locale app?? wots that m8 and where can i find it?

Also i thought the Reminder time was like the length of time it will keep reminding you...i'm so slow with this.

thanks m8

4. Nighthaunt

Nighthaunt Well-Known Member

No problem mate - for locale do a market search - open market program then hit the looking glass button - type "Locale" and press the search button onscreen.

That should bring it up - its one of the most recommended apps.