• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help quick upload.

mikeyfl

Jul 17, 2010
apollo beach, fl
i have selected my gmail account and it states "starting upload" and shows my email but after a couple seconds it says "no default email account"

now it worked back when i had it set to my yahoo, but when i receive messages there i can not download the pictures because of some weird file extension.

any pointers?

You've already selected what account Quick Upload goes to. Now select the account they send from.

Messaging / Menu / Messaging Settings / Email / Default email account

Select any email account you have on you're phone as the default account you send emails and Quick Uploads from. Yes, it can be the same Gmail account you set up for Quick Uploads.

Upvote 0
I guess you have to have a "regular" email account setup to set a default account.
No problem, you can use your gmail account for this.

Settings / Accounts / Add account / Email

Enter your gmail account and password
Leave Auto config checked
Press Next then wait
Press Done
Exit back to home

Now set the default account:
Messaging / Menu / Messaging Settings / Email / Default email account
and select the new Gmail Email account you just created

If you have an issue with double notifications when you get an email to your Gmail account:
Messaging / select the Gmail Email account / Menu / Email Settings / Email delivery:
Make sure Data push is unchecked and Fetch schedule is set to Manually

This will not affect your Gmail app from downloads and notifications as normal, it only stops this duplicate account from doing the same.

Reactions: fleeced
Upvote 0
Hey,

I am trying to get my quick uploads to work as well. I attempted to go through the set up options you posted, but as stated before there is no option to click social messaging. I'm trying to get my facebook linked.

I am signed into the facebook app on the phone, have tried uninstalling reinstalling facebook, but nothing is working.

I also tried to log into a different account (piccasa) but had the same issue.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones