• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quite the buzz

Snow_Fox

Android Expert
Mar 31, 2010
This is turning out to be a very interesting phone to follow.

Apparently the users over at XDA have gotten a response from motorola claiming the processor is one thing.

The benchmarks they use claim it is another.

For what it is worth.. I think a few people here have benchmarked it with some very interesting results.. Scoring higher than galaxy S series and other high ends.

While benchmarks should never be taken too seriously... This phone is turning out to be quite the gem as a user on XDA phrased it.

So.
This phone benchmarks higher than the high end. +1

Gives real world performance that no one can complain about it. +1

Can handle water +1

I won't say scratch proof but, def better than average +1

And.. even with the white back (I do not like it) doesn't look horrible +1

Plus has pretty decent feature's swype, motoblur, ect +1
(even if you don't use the features.. they are always nice to have)

I'm not even on tmobile.. but, if I can.. I'm getting this phone full price on at&t.. Sure I could wait two months and upgrade to something on at&t with better 3g coverage..

but, I'll trade full 3g coverage for not having to worry about my phone every time it rains.. It will be nice to actually worry more about myself than a phone..

It is going to be interesting to see what is done since this phone offers peculiar performance

This phone is definitely a sleeper. FWIW, I've had it in my pocket with a fairly large set of keys (10), for two weeks, and no scratches on the screen, nor body...which isn't totally white. Its only a white band around the side, as the full back battery cover is black (rubberized plastic).

Running Launcher Pro and MotoBlur alternate days, and don't really notice much lag with the Blur at all. Even with the animated weather screen from Beautiful Weather widget.

The only thing I don't like is its weight. Way too light to feel like a serious phone, especially after having an E72. :) I wonder if its light by design (float in case drop in water).

Upvote 0
I would think that being lighter would be an advantage if dropped.

Being lighter and having a rubberized protective ring would mean if it hits the ground its not going to have as much impact.

I actually like a heavy feel to my phone's as well.. however, just because we associate a heavier feel with higher quality, doesn't mean its always really the best choice.

Either way.. this is pretty much my dream phone at the moment.. the only question now is how to get it...

I've been doing more and more research, and I've found a few people with the HTC HD2 on at&t who actually got popped for data plans.. A G2 as well..

If I can get a job soon.. I may just get an even more plus data plan with tmo and say "eff it"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones