1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Quiting out of the browser?

Last Updated:

1. EvanVanVan

EvanVanVan New Member This Topic's Starter

Just stopped using a task killer a little over a month ago and started focusing on neatly quitting apps with the back button

My question when I'm browsing for a while and then try and quit I end up having to press "back" 20-30 times sometimes until i get back to when i first started the session and then it finally quits/returns to the home screen...is it necessary to do it that way or is there a better way to quit after I've been browsing for a while?

Advertisement
  2. v941726

v941726 Well-Known Member

All the third party browsers have an exit button under menu

3. EvanVanVan

EvanVanVan New Member This Topic's Starter

arite I'm using the stock android browser though..I think its the android browser, the stock one on the Incredible, that's different then the Sense browser i just read about right? I looked again under the Menu though, no quit button

4. v941726

v941726 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I've never used the stock browser. But there is always system panel or task killers or the stock app killer

5. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

The stock browser should have 'windows'. Open a second window, close the one you've been browsing in, then back out of the new window. It's a few steps, but way easier than 30 'backs'...

EvanVanVan likes this.