• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Radioactive FroYo ROM v1.8.4 **9.2 MFLOP** **Moment-Acclaim Hybrid**

Ok so I am contemplating on doing DJ07 with 2.0pre3. I was just about to download and follow these steps below.... Then I read a little more and find that a few people said that using DJ07 with inxane, and recovery bundled together has bricked their phone. GRRRR.
A few people said following the steps above worked. So I don't know.

Link to page *OFFICIAL* SPH-M900_MR4_DJ07_REL.tar.md5 *** DATA LOCKUP SOMEWHAT FIXED!***

Ok here's what you should do.

1. Uninstall all Sprint/Samsung updaters/drivers, etc etc via Add/Remove Programs. Usually there are two entries you'd have to uninstall from there. Reboot

2. Go to C:\Program Files and delete SAMSUNG and SAMSUNG Electronic directories.

3. Install CL14 updater. Reboot

4. Make sure your file name is SPH-M900_MR4_DJ07_REL.tar exactly. Turn off "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Option to make sure. Or just go to cmd.exe and type "ren filename.tar.md5 filename.tar" and type "dir SPH-M900_MR4_DJ07_REL.tar" - if it says file not found, then it's not renamed correctly (assuming you are in the right directory). And make sure there's only ONE period in filename. Can also right click Properties and see there. Bascially the filename should be SPH-M900_MR4_DJ07_REL.tar

5. Go to "C:\Program Files\Samsung Electronics\SWUpgrade\Models\Binary" and DELETE the lone CL14.tar file. There should be NO file or directory in there before proceeding the next step.

6. Copy SPH-M900_MR4_DJ07_REL.tar to "C:\Program Files\Samsung Electronics\SWUpgrade\Models\Binary"

7. Run the Updater and do the normal flashing method.

That's all to it. If your phone reads DJ07 in both BUILD and BASEBAND version, then you got it. You should be able to flash Recovery 3.1.1 after that. OTA updates want to flash stock recovery at every reboot. OTA updates suck.

I simply would like a rooted DJ07 even if it doesn't involve a custom rom or kernal. Doesn't really matter as long as I am rooted.

Upvote 0
I honestly wouldn't use the DJ07.tar with recovery 3.1.1 and inxane kernel.
That after trying 2 times only gave me bad flashes, I rather use the original stock DI06 from sprint then update DJ07 from the OTA prompt Then apply recovery 3.1.1 from the old sprint updater and do the battery pull trick.

Upvote 0
@Kbrn

Well I wish I knew it was that easy.. LOL.
I would have done it the way you described.

However, I just followed that link you posted and used CL14 updater
to flash DJ07. Reboot. Flashed Recovery 3.1.1. When rebooting to boot (Battery Pull) than Reboot from Recovery. Used JoeyKrim's Root (wanted to leave Stock) and Deoxed Template DJ07. Oh and used update.zip from kitchen to remove unwanted apps only and added Live Wallpaper.

Everything went perfectly. No need to use bundle as I just took long way around but my phone is working perfectly!!!! No lock-up and slide screen is functioning properly.

I am going to stay away from RAF Rom for now as I've heard of some issues of bricked phones and not sure if this is causing it. Might flash a kernel later. Right now I'm happy with this.

Thanks! ;)

Upvote 0
has anyone tried to put a theme on this version or Opre.2? i wanna try the steel elegance theme but last version of this rom i tried to theme, it put me into bootloop
Been runing Opre 2.3 since it came out. I spent a couple of hours playing around with themes trying to get them to work (both in their posted form and tweaks that I made thinking that I could get them to work). Nothing worked for me. Opre 2.3 and any theme I attempted resulted in boot loops for me too.

Upvote 0
Been runing Opre 2.3 since it came out. I spent a couple of hours playing around with themes trying to get them to work (both in their posted form and tweaks that I made thinking that I could get them to work). Nothing worked for me. Opre 2.3 and any theme I attempted resulted in boot loops for me too.

actually, i put the steel elegance theme on yesterday over 2.0pre2 and it works just fine. and i really like the way it looks. no bootloops. can't say if it will work for 2.0pre3 though. and though i've never had a bad problem with the radio lockup, it now happens after applying this theme.

Upvote 0
actually, i put the steel elegance theme on yesterday over 2.0pre2 and it works just fine. and i really like the way it looks. no bootloops. can't say if it will work for 2.0pre3 though. and though i've never had a bad problem with the radio lockup, it now happens after applying this theme.
I was having some problems with force closes-not frequent but still annoying- so I decided to start from scratch last night. I reset everything back to stock, loaded DJ07 and then 2.0pre3. I must have corrupted something along the way before because I have no problems with any of the DJ07 themes loading now and battery life (so far) seems to be much better. I'm using a theme I put together myself using the DJ07 theme template- parts of other themes (about 50% of it is based on the Eye Candy theme) that I liked. It seems to be running flawlessly so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones