Raise Hand If Evo Battery Is Working Fine

Last Updated:

1. shamim316

shamim316 Member This Topic's Starter

I have been using Evo as my primary phone for 2 weeks and I do not see any battery problems. Am I the exception? :confused:

I am a heavy user with about 70 texts, 20-30 emails per day, 1-1.5hour phone usage, occasional web surfing (1-1.5hour), listening to music (30min morning + 30min evening), GPS on all the time (but no GPS using apps running), Facebook and Sense. I didn't turn on Bluetooth or Wifi or 4G. This is a typical day for me. With this kind of usage my battery easily lasts the whole day and well into the night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

Cell Standby 51%
    Android System 18%

You are not a heavy user.

shokher99 likes this.
  3. Remixxx

Remixxx Member

Mine has been working fine also after I deleted the ATK from it and reset the phone. I can go a whole day without charging it, charge it at night to full and when I wake up in the am it still has a full charge which is awesome. Oh and I'm a moderate to heavy user.

4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Lol

5. expletiveinserted

expletiveinserted Well-Known Member

I must say...that's a delicious butt in your picture, Dorian! =)

The Dorian likes this.
  6. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

The OP should post the screenshot taken at the end of the day. Mine shows similar numbers after a couple hours of light use. I am sure he would have greater use after 10:00am.

My battery is holding up well. I need to charge the phone every night. Nothing different than my previous uber-phones.

7. shamim316

shamim316 Member This Topic's Starter

If you take a look at the second screenshot it shows time unplugged is 7hours.

8. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

I had one bad day with mine where it was dead after about 5 hours. It was because G-strings guitar tuner was chugging away in the background. Other than that, mine is pretty decent considering all the things this phone does.

9. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

15+ hours here

10. vailmc

vailmc Member

20+ hours here with moderate usage.

11. spiveyb1

spiveyb1 New Member

I also get 20+ hours with moderate usage.

corey.vinton likes this.
  12. lousyskater

lousyskater Active Member

Moderate to light usage, was mostly seeing how long I could get the batter to last. Battery was at 18% when I screen shotted this. Would've kept going but I had to charge it because of work stuff.

[​IMG]

13. emocide

emocide Member

if you're a task manager nazi and make sure to closer everything before you put your phone in standby, it's not that hard to keep the phone running all day on moderate use.

14. MinimalistChris

MinimalistChris Active Member

My phone runs perrrrrfect. Had it since launch with the 0002 hardware version! I get 15-20+ hours/day with heavy (imo, anyway) useage.

15. AGeleff

AGeleff Active Member

My battery gets me through the day, unless I'm using it ferociously, which I don't normally do unless I'm out of town and constantly checking up on news, Twitter, Facebook, ect.

16. fizzerfz1

fizzerfz1 New Member

I get an average about 20 + hours with about 4+ hours of usage. I charge in the evening and take it off the charger before I go to bed and I still have an average of 20% + when I put it on charge the next day.
    During the weekends I usually get more than 24 hours and have got up to 30+ hours with about 4+ hours of use.:D
    I generally make a few phone calls, a few texts, a couple of games, lots of email reading, some use of the music apps and some misc stuff.
    I lose about 3% charge overnight (with just standy by of course). I do not have any task killers.
    Overall no complaints. It is even better than my previous HTC TP2(which I loved after upgrading from the basic HTC touch) with lot more usage.
    I have good signal at home and minimal coverage at my desk at work:((mostly at roaming). So I do have about 5%+ with no signal on average even though it is set to only CDMA.
    I did not have to use my charger at work in this week at all and reach home with more than 50% left around 6 PM.;)

17. CaNiKiCkIt

CaNiKiCkIt Member

Got my phone launch day Hw002 and battery sucked but after reading a couple threads on here, tweaking some things on my phone, deleting task managers im now getting through a full day and night (with background data on and auto sync on everything)without even thinking about a charger....sooo now my phone is perfect and life is good...:D
    [​IMG]

18. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

2nd Evo for me and the battery is the same given the same settings I was using on the first.

Also I'd be interested on not just time since unplugged, but Display time and brightness level.
    I think people overlook that a lot.

I get 7 hours normal work day use with 4 hours of screen at 50% britness.

19. Joey47

Joey47 Member

I always charge my phone until the green light turns on. and take it off the charger at 12am. when I wake up at 7am the charge holds and goes to about 95%, then once i start using the phone for light internet and email usage, the battery level drops straight to 70%. crazy right!!! and that is with the cdma auto prl, and background data off.

20. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Have you broken in the battery as HTC suggested? Mine never does that anymore and I've had two EVOs.

21. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

my screen shots are linked in my signature. i get extremely good battery life, even under heavy usage. recently i've been downloading, installing/uninstalling lots of different apks. i have never not made it through an entire day after tweaking a few things here and there. i even keep "always on mobile data" on now lol.

22. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Isn't the battery lithium ion? How do you break in a lithium ion battery? They just don't work that way. What does HTC suggest?

23. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

The barrage of "my battery is great" threads are worse then the constant battery problem threads.

24. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

after rooting and tweaking, i aint havin no problems

25. rickyaustin

rickyaustin Well-Known Member