Ran Unrevoked on Evo, but some 'root' functions won't work...what did I do wrong?

Last Updated:

1. Lcaesar

Lcaesar New Member This Topic's Starter

I have an HTC Evo with 2.2 on it. I'm very new to this rooting world, so sorry if these questions are dumb...

I installed the usb drivers and ran Unrevoked on it last night. Unrevoked ran ok on it and said 'Done' at the end. When I hold the volume down and power button, the top of the screen says: "SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-OFF".
    Since it shows "S-OFF" and unrevoked seemed to run successfully, I think I'm rooted, but I'm not really sure. I have the Superuser icon in my programs list, and I am able to run a 'root only' screenshot program.
    So here's the problem. The reason I tried to root is to delete some of the bloatware from Sprint and for wireless tethering. I tried running Titanium Backup and got the following error: "Error: Sorry, I could not acquire root privileges. This application will not work! Please verify that your ROM is rooted and try again".
    Wireless tethering will run and I can connect to it with my laptop, but after I'm connected, I can't access any web pages. Have I downloaded the wrong wireless tethering program? (I downloaded the latest one listed at this page: wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre9.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.5-pre9 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Project Hosting on Google Code). Thoughts?
    So, am I rooted or not? Am I "partially" rooted, since the screenshot program will run? What do I need to do to get the wireless tethering to work?

Advertisement
  2. thekarens

thekarens Well-Known Member

When running Titanium backup click on "Problems" and let it install busybox. People have had various success with different wireless APK. Most people report 7, 8 and 9 work so you might delete what you have and try again with either that one or one of the others.

Aggiet4 likes this.
  3. uzb3k

uzb3k New Member

I have the same exact problem, tethering not working anymore after 3.29

Tried uninstalling superuser update and reinstalling it, no luck. Any ideas? How can I "reroot"?

Thank you,