• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random Force Close of process

momogee

Dec 11, 2010
So I'm doing anything from using the GPS to playing with appbrain and it brings up this message:

"The app com.sec.android.providers.downloads (process com.sec.android.providers.download) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
Force close"

It doesn't seem to affect what i'm doing but it's a real pain in the butt cause it can happen 5 times in a span of 2 minutes or not ever for hours.

Has anyone seen this?
I've just flashed from a fresh 2.1 to 2.2 through the official means. Once I got 2.2 going, it started doing this even before i rooted and did special things.

So I'm doing anything from using the GPS to playing with appbrain and it brings up this message:

"The app com.sec.android.providers.downloads (process com.sec.android.providers.download) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
Force close"

It doesn't seem to affect what i'm doing but it's a real pain in the butt cause it can happen 5 times in a span of 2 minutes or not ever for hours.

Has anyone seen this?
I've just flashed from a fresh 2.1 to 2.2 through the official means. Once I got 2.2 going, it started doing this even before i rooted and did special things.

did you find out what it meant because mine is doing this too and i cant do anything with my fone i cant even make a call

Upvote 0
so i did a hard reset, it didnt take me back to 2.1 and didnt even seem to reinstall the bloatware i deleted, but the problem is gone.

and now i also just found a utility in ROM Manager that says, "Fix Permissions - Fix file system permissions. This often fixes Force Close problems." Maybe someone can be the guinea pig and if this fixes the problem other than a factory reset!!

Upvote 0
I registerd to see if anyone else had this issue.

This happend to me today, but I cant do anything, anything I try it says low memory and keeps force closing with your same error. I really dont want to do a factory reset, cant even get into the phone to coppy the titanium backup folder.

I looked at the avalible memory it says i have 13g with 12 gigs free. Internnally its 1.27 gigs.

I dont get it, I havent changed anything for the last few days and its saying my memory is low..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones