• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random music added to my music folder???

jonnoboyd

Lurker
Sep 23, 2011
Hey,

Just got a Galaxy S a few days ago. Last night I connected it to my comp and used Kies to add one song off my computer to use a ringtone. After it was done and I checked on the phone, and the song was in the music folder and all was fine etc. The entire contents of my music folder, as of last night, consisted of the one song I transferred + the factory default Kater, Samsung and Lemac files. However, when I turned on my phone this morning all of a sudden about 20-25 random songs have appeared in my music folder under the artist title of 'unknown'. The songs all seem legit and play ok, but I have no idea where they have come from - none of the songs I even have on my computer. All of the songs have a file name like bgm_****, e.g. bgm_KanyeWest_Paranoid or bgm_MandoDiao_MeanStreet. I've been connected to my home internet with WiFi the entire time, so does anyone know why and how these songs have suddenly appeared on my phone?

Thanks for the help.

Edit:

I think I found the reason. I downloaded a couple of games last night, so they must be part of the sound track. If that is the case, does that mean all music for games will added to the music folder? Seems kind off messy, especially seeing as though the tracks/album isn't labelled properly.

Edit 2: Yep, I uninstalled the games and the songs don't play anymore. Once again though it seems kind of messy that even after uninstalling the files still remain in the music folder.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones