• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Random Reboots after flashing kernal!

BIONICLE38

Feb 29, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Ok so i got my new optimus elite w today and i rooted it the same way as my old one, got my apps back via TiB, flashed cwm and everything was fine.
BUT, A few minutes ago i realized that i forgot to flash gp kernal, so i downloaded it and flashed it everything was fine until like after a few minutes the phone started to freeze up and the phone reboots and the cycle restarts.
so i made a backup on my old one before i exchanged it and i restored it and it still does the same:thinking:
What do i do?

I've come to realize as soon as you flash the kernel you can be prone to reboots. Do a fresh install of the deodexed ROM, get a root file manager go delete things like mobile ID, get holo launcher, and the app notification toggle. As well as ics task manager, all three free In play store, setup everything, maybe change your boot animation, delete the stupid boot power on.mp3 and use the phone on its stock kernel. Give it a few hours and then flash the kernel, I've managed to recreate your problem it happens when you flash the kernel immediately all I'm saying is get all your stuff situated then flash so you can overclock

Reactions: BIONICLE38
Upvote 0
I've come to realize as soon as you flash the kernel you can be prone to reboots. Do a fresh install of the deodexed ROM, get a root file manager go delete things like mobile ID, get holo launcher, and the app notification toggle. As well as ics task manager, all three free In play store, setup everything, maybe change your boot animation, delete the stupid boot power on.mp3 and use the phone on its stock kernel. Give it a few hours and then flash the kernel, I've managed to recreate your problem it happens when you flash the kernel immediately all I'm saying is get all your stuff situated then flash so you can overclock

I do not see why that would make any difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones