Random reboots with Fresh 2.1.2

Last Updated:

1. Traviswf

Traviswf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else having this issue where the phone or just sense (is it still even sense?) reboots? I get this and the word "FRESH" pops up while I get the loading wheel and all of my widgets have to re-load.

It takes less than a minute (if it's just the interface and doesn't boot to the HTC screen...), but it's happened a couple of times now when I got an incoming call - and I can't answer the phone.

Anyone else getting this?

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

I use launcher Pro and do not experience this. Cannot say for Sense as I don't use it.

I saw it in an older version, but it really isn't a "reboot" in my opinion. It might be a relaunching of the launcher. To me, a reboot would mean the phone itself reboots, which I know it doesn't do :).

3. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

i'm not using sense, i'm using launcherpro, but i am getting random reboots. sometimes it could take a couple days, sometimes it could happen a couple of times a day...very intermittent. luckily, it most seems to do it with my alarms in the morning, and i have multiple alarms in my room. but it does happen..haven't been able to figure out why really, i'm not really running much at all.

4. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

yep... happens to me as well.. I switched to launcher pro and don't have that problem anymore. I did not have that problem on Fresh 2.1.1. On Fresh 2.1.2 it will even happen when hitting the back button to exit an app

5. trotter

trotter New Member

I just upgraded to 2.1 and am getting random reboots also. It happens especially when the phone's screen is black and I push the button on the right to turn the screen on. It goes right to the white HTC window and reboots. I saw some references to Launcher Pro versus scenes. Can you explain this?

6. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

I went from Fresh 2.0d to DamageControl 2.08.1 to Fresh 2.1.2 and I have not experienced that problem. I wiped everything before installing the ROM. Everything. I think that helped.

7. Bat~man

Bat~man Well-Known Member

I have it on the aloysius rom, didn't have it at all on the OC'd map version but was getting crappy battery life so I went to non OC'd map version and it randomly reboots all the time =(

I didn't wipe because I was told in the thread on xda that it wasn't needed, but I think I may try it just to see if it fixes it.

So anyway, I don't think it is based on a single rom as I was getting it before I was rooted, and now it is rearing its ugly head again.