• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Text Message Failure

I have fairly regular problems sending SMS from my Android phone. This seems to be a fairly widespread problem, but although I have read hundreds of threads, no one seems to really know what causes this or how to fix it.

Sometimes my messages send fine, but other times it becomes impossible to send texts for a few hours. I have tried restarting the phone, taking out the battery and SIM for a few minutes, clearing the data cache from the messaging application, doing a factory reset on the phone. Sometimes one or other of these options fixes the problem. Other times the messages consistently fail for hours. They will send fine from the same SIM in a non-android phone.

Surely someone must know what the real problem is here? It seems that so many have this problem and there is no reliable solution. Any clever people out there willing to share their knowledge??

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones