• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

<Rant> 4G Service

-Mike-

Android Enthusiast
Mar 14, 2011
Baltimore
Sorry for the rant but Im beyond PO'd. Im currently on my 3rd Evo 4G and none of those 3 have never had good 3G or ANY 4G service. I'm in between Baltimore and Washington DC. The coverage map shows excellent 3G and very good 4G services. My Samsung Moment from 2008 has better internet connection/speed than any of my 3 Evos. My wife is on her 2nd Samsung Galaxy and she has good 3G, and fairly decent 4G service. Is it the phone, or Sprint?? My friends with Verizon service NEVER complain, and their phones seem to run WAY faster than mine when it comes to internet searches and that sort of thing. I really need some advice/opinions here before dumping the Evo or dumping Sprint all together. Im kind of mad about paying and extra $20/month for the past 2 1/2 years and I reap no benefit. To me this all sounds like a Sprint scam with the 4G crap. </Rant>:mad:

That sucks... these links might brighten your day though. Baltimore is scheduled very early in Sprints "Network Vision" upgrades. You should start seeing major improvements in data speeds and signal strength/coverage this Summer in Baltimore. (although this wont help your 4G on those particular phones until you upgrade to a new 4G LTE device, but everything else should be improved for you, significantly.)

Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

These sites have already been upgraded in Baltimore, but may/may not be live yet... this is about a month old, so there is probably many more now... since more are added daily.

Sprint LTE May 2012 Schedule Maps - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Reactions: -Mike-
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones