• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

As many of you already know, I do not listen to a lot of corporate radio.

Yesterday, however, I was subect to such and heard a new commercial: "Are you FAT, or are you just BLOATED?" Their new product is designed with probiotics which will cleanse your digestive system, getting rid of "undigested food" and "toxic waste"...

What is this, bran mixed with yougurt?

Upvote 0
Can't be. Bran and yogurt both have benefits to you.

Yeah, but what better way to make money without incurring the ire of the FDA than by remixing already approved products? Oh, and I'm sure they patented the idea too, so they can troll the aforementioned Activia when they decide to do the same.

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0
But eating onions all day keeps everyone away!!! :D:D:D

Hah!

That is for amateurs!

poop111.png

pff... amateurs!

libby-horse-poop.jpg

Upvote 0
Here's a rant on behalf of my daughter. It's 8:42 pm on Monday night, & she just texted me saying "It's only Monday, I'm still at work, and already have 25 hours in :("

She's a paralegal & is working on a case that's currently on trial. Thankfully the trial ends this week, since she & I are taking a little trip next week!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And all have to be politically correct?

Yup, must be absolutely PC. Other thing I've had to do is search sample passages like that in Baidu, Bing and Google, to try and ensure it's actually the student's own words and not a copy/paste job. Plagiarism has been a problem with dissertations in the past. Although I was primarily checking for and correcting grammar mistakes.

Upvote 0
What is it with digital TV. Signal breaks, checker pattern, Max Headroom stuttering voice. Oh yes, cram in as many channels as possible and kill the bandwidth.

570 channels and nothin' on.

We get our local OTA so we can't complain. I miss the atmospheric skip. Was fun trying to figure out where the other channel was.

Upvote 0
I don't know, there is so much great entertainment out there on TV. I don't watch much of the network offerings(other than a few NBC shows), but I love AMC. Their scripted TV series have been very well done. Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Hell on Wheels. I need to try Mad Men and I'm looking forward to Fear the Walking Dead as well.

FX has some good stuff. Justified was a great show that was based off of the writings of Elmore Leonard(and now AMC is going to pick up a new show based on another of his books. This guy will be a faithful watcher).

Now...reality tv? That's garbage and I pray regularly for its demise. I also want shows like American Idol, America's Got Talent, X Factor, The Voice, etc to go away already.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones