• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

It's been awhile. Hello to @bjacks12, @Revenant Ghost, @zuben el genub, @PattiCakeUS, @mikedt, and everyone else here in gear-grinding thread...

We have a contract on a property near Fort Morgan, CO - and we went with a 2200 sq. ft. modular home, to add space and save money.

The property already has a quality water tap, and septic that will have to be filtrated because the home will have 4 bedrooms.

At least the location is regulated by Morgan County, due to the area not being corporated - so, no municipal fees. Just county.

M-I-L is helping with financing, as she'll be moving in when she retires; with the sale of her home, the new place will be paid for.

Caregiving - no problem. She's independent, and still works full-time at 69.

Future - looking good. House is on the market, realtor has everything humming. Write to all of you later, and wish me luck on two kidney surgeries, and a cholecystectomy.

LW

Upvote 0
It's been awhile. Hello to @bjacks12, @Revenant Ghost, @zuben el genub, @PattiCakeUS, @mikedt, and everyone else here in gear-grinding thread...

We have a contract on a property near Fort Morgan, CO - and we went with a 2200 sq. ft. modular home, to add space and save money.

The property already has a quality water tap, and septic that will have to be filtrated because the home will have 4 bedrooms.

At least the location is regulated by Morgan County, due to the area not being corporated - so, no municipal fees. Just county.

M-I-L is helping with financing, as she'll be moving in when she retires; with the sale of her home, the new place will be paid for.

Caregiving - no problem. She's independent, and still works full-time at 69.

Future - looking good. House is on the market, realtor has everything humming. Write to all of you later, and wish me luck on two kidney surgeries, and a cholecystectomy.

LW
Great to hear from you LW!

Glad to hear that things are looking up for you...good luck with the surgery

Upvote 0
I remember a ways back watching Meet The Fockers. Now, thinking back on when Mr. Byrnes asked if Greg picked the green rental car, and then saying "they say geniuses pick green."

My question is, what character makeup compels people to buy Subaru? That's what grinds my gears. 9.5 times out of ten, when a car nearly hits me or nearly forces me off the road or just drives like a complete a**h*le, is a damn Subaru.

I could see if it were a WRX, very fast car usually=jerk. But no. Usually a stupid Impreza or a Forester. They're not the most common or popular car around here. Toyotas, Jeeps, minivans a plenty. Not a lot of Subarus.

What makes a Subaru driver, a Subaru driver? I gotta know. I used to be very anti-Prius, cuz we all know that people who own/drive them believe they're above everybody else... Now it's Subaru. I've never been more inclined to cripple somebody over lousy driving more than somebody behind the wheel of a Subaru. I hate Subaru.

Upvote 0
^----- I think this says it all..

imprezza.jpg

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Or "My rims are worth more than 2 of my exact same car."

Drives me nuts to see those wagon wheels. Can't be good for the suspension.

In fact no they are horrible for the suspension, as are the lion's share of all custom wheels. Now that said, if you put in the work doing your research you can get custom wheels in the correct offset (as well as lug pattern and center bore) in reasonable sizes and you're ok. Just no one does that anymore. All anyone wants is 24 inch DUB's or wheels that stick out the sides and make it look like a tank.

Anyway. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Oversize rims make your car ride like ass.

It makes even less sense on trucks. Why take a perfectly functional workhorse and make it useless? If anything I would go for smaller rims with tires that are slightly bigger than stock. You'll preserve the weight ratings and not looks like a complete tool.

Yes, YES. Exactly. What is the attraction to having 1 inch of rubber and air between you and the road? I won't even start on "lowering" your car. Cause you know, race car.
The streets in and around KC will rattle your teeth out if you roll on the low profile stuff, add in a lowering kit with sharply firm suspension and I'd rather walk.

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0
The side of my foot was hurting a little from going for a short walk in my new shoes this afternoon, so at work today I went into the bathroom & pulled my sock off, inspected my foot, didn't see anything - but I still put a band-aid over that area to provide a little extra cushioning. When I got home tonight, I pulled off the band-aid only to discover that a blister had appeared, & pulling the band-aid off ripped the stupid thing open. Ouch!!! :eek:

Reactions: Dngrsone
Upvote 0
I am quickly loosing faith in humanity. Everyone (present company excluded) is a bunch of raging A-holes and/or idiots. The more I read, the more I listen, the more I see, the more I watch degrades my hope for a future for the human race. The deserted island idea becomes more and more attractive by the day.
That is all. You can get back to your regularly scheduled lives.

Upvote 0
I am quickly loosing faith in humanity. Everyone (present company excluded) is a bunch of raging A-holes and/or idiots. The more I read, the more I listen, the more I see, the more I watch degrades my hope for a future for the human race. The deserted island idea becomes more and more attractive by the day.
Idiocracy is a real possibility for our future.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Upvote 0

That's what i'm doing when I hit the Lotto, buying me an Island with all the amenities on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones