• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

Last week, I decided to see if I could get a male voice on my phone, for when Google talks back to you. So I found UK files & there was a male voice, which I selected - except it changed to female UK instead! After messing with it & trying all the UK voice file variants, I decided to just go back to US female, but it refuses to change back.

As if that's not annoying enough, the British chippie won't read my incoming texts back now. When I'm driving & I hear a text come in, I do what I've always done: wake my phone & ask her to read my incoming text. Now she says "there are no incoming texts".

What the deuce?!

Upvote 0
Last week, I decided to see if I could get a male voice on my phone, for when Google talks back to you. So I found UK files & there was a male voice, which I selected - except it changed to female UK instead! After messing with it & trying all the UK voice file variants, I decided to just go back to US female, but it refuses to change back.

As if that's not annoying enough, the British chippie won't read my incoming texts back now. When I'm driving & I hear a text come in, I do what I've always done: wake my phone & ask her to read my incoming text. Now she says "there are no incoming texts".

What the deuce?!

.......and so it begins.

Upvote 0

What the deuce?!
It was a male voice: Barry Gibb. :D

Upvote 0
What the hell happened to Kernel Adiutor!
Screenshot_2016-08-02-10-02-46.png
Screenshot_2016-08-02-10-02-59.png

Whatever happened to "if it ain't broke don't fix it?

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones