• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rate Music Players Here

jollyrotten

Feb 13, 2012
The stock music player has no option to search the device for music and no way to import songs I download or sync, so it just sits there empty. If I manually open a song with it from File Expert there's no option to add it to the Music library, so whats the point? Im just going to delete the stock app.

I dl the Google Musicappv4 1.512 but this will only show the two songs I bought through Google. This is the app that used sync to Android and it wont show a sngle song that it synced the first day. Fail.

The Mp3 Arrow Player is great for streaming music and hearing music from other countries, and it is the only app so far thats kept track of the music I've imported from my own computer. It also plays the lyrics in karaoke style which is very cool, but it's still not the BEST app, and likes to freeze up while playing a song. There's also no option to search for album art or import my own.

I got Pro amp free, great UI, but its constantly 'scanning library' and froze up three times the first day I dl it. I hate it.

Anyone else have these problems? Why does the Droid seem so convoluted in terms of music playback? I came from iTunes so maybe I'm spoiled.

I know there's better...

Verizon VS910 4G 2.2.2

1. Are you sure your music from iTunes is DRM-free? Because my phone's stock player loads up all the music in my phone in whatever folder I put it in the moment I put it in the phone.

2. Are you sure the music is in a compatible format?

3. Did the phone to a "media scan"?

1. I dont know what that means
2. It's fine, it plays in other programs
3. no it didn't and there's no option for it in the stock "music" app. it ONLY shows music I bought from Google, not even the purchased music I sync from iTunes.

PowerAmp would be fine if it wasn't trying to constantly scan my library and freezing up. Im not gonna buy a pro version if the free one sucks.

So far the only program that works is MP3 Arrow Player

Upvote 0
PowerAmp 5/5 - Best music player and it isn't even close, only DSP that actually improves sound quality
PlayerPro 3/5 - Solid player, great file browser
Stock Music Player and any other free player 1/5 - They all suck
Google Music 0/5 - Google never releases anything outside the US (Voice still isn't available in Canada) so they get a 0 from me for being evil.

Upvote 0
1. I dont know what that means
2. It's fine, it plays in other programs
3. no it didn't and there's no option for it in the stock "music" app. it ONLY shows music I bought from Google, not even the purchased music I sync from iTunes.

PowerAmp would be fine if it wasn't trying to constantly scan my library and freezing up. Im not gonna buy a pro version if the free one sucks.

So far the only program that works is MP3 Arrow Player

1. License issue thing.
3. Seriously that's odd. And I seem to remember seeing that option in the settings to trigger a media scan but now I cant find it. @_@ There are apps in the market that does that, or a reboot. My phone also automatically triggers a media scan if I do something in My Files app, or add something, or connect to a PC.

Upvote 0
Doubletwist, modded stock music app in cm7
best two imo

That's what I use all the time, works and sounds great. Had a look for PowerAmp in the market, but says not compatible with China Mobile Samsung i9000.

Thing is, no Android music player app will play DRM'd iTunes songs. They're iOS only, Although songs from iTunes now shouldn't have DRM on them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones