Razar died.. Long live the Droid!

Last Updated:

1. DrDiff

DrDiff Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My beloved Star Trek Communicator died today.. :( Had to get a phone.. So no Nexus One for me. Got a Droid!

Why is there a green flashing light on the top right of the screen? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. misan23

misan23 Well-Known Member

That is the notification light for a new txt message and other assorted messages.

3. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

Yup. I will never be able to have a phone without this light :D I love it!

4. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

OP, Grats on the Droid purchase. I love mine and could not live without it now. I had never had a smartphone before either! Even though I consider myself a "techie", it's mostly in PCs. I had no idea a phone could do all of this. I always wanted an iPhone but would not leave VZW, so I waited until a suitable (to me) smartphone came out...I'm a happy camper now!

5. karmagedon

karmagedon Well-Known Member

i thought the razr died ..... like ... 5 years ago.

just joking !!!!! my wife loved her (my old) razr so much that she had the same one for around 3 years until she ruined it in a hot tub. i'm glad she did because i pawned off my omnia on her and got a droid. you'll notice the light will be red when you're low on battery and blue if you use twidroid. i think you can customize the colors.

anyway, you've basically lost your trek communicator and gained the enterprise. oh, and go ahead and download the free tricorder app. it might be the single coolest app that you don't need. i'm saying this supposing you're a fan based on calling your razr the Star Trek communicator. it has tons of real time actual functionality

solar info :flares, uv readings, etc
    real magnetic readings (metal detector)
    seismograph
    compass
    vector (level)
    cell tower info
    gps satellite info
    wifi hot spots

it's really an ultra nerds all-in-one tool

enjoy!!!

6. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I still carry a RAZR for work. I love it for just being a phone. Congrats on the DROID though . . . it's a whole new world. :cool:

7. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

I gave my RAZR to my aunt when I went to Vietnam... and then I "gave" my other aunt my Canon SD1100IS digital camera--I say "gave" because my mom volunteered me.

8. KliGGz

KliGGz New Member

[​IMG]
    RIP Rhazar

9. Bxrider11

Bxrider11 Well-Known Member

I still have my razr in my desk drawer collecting dust. I think the Droid is going to be that android phone that withstands the test of time. It reminds me of the razr. Durable and sturdy.