Re-arrange home screens in Sense UISupport

Last Updated:

1. alancorp

alancorp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know how to rearrange the home screen order? Let's say I have the friends stream widget on the second home screen to the right of the main screen. I want to move it all the way to the outer most right home screen. (3 swipes to the right) Anyway to do this?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Not sure you can swap page order, but if you long press any item on any home screen, you will have the option to remove it. You can then add it to another page.

3. bigvinny

bigvinny Well-Known Member

You can move them around, just take some patience as if the next screen is occupied (or not enough space) you will be greeted with red notification bar on the top with superimposed set of items.
    Press and hold the item you want to move, then when it glows green, then start move them, just don't let go too early or you will end up getting back to square one.

4. Curiousk

Curiousk New Member

na

5. Sean1208

Sean1208 Well-Known Member

It must be a thing for Z ROMs then, because I can double tap home (so all the home screens are shown) then long press and rearrange the order of them. Any unrooted users try this?

UCChemE05 likes this.
  6. danielzink

danielzink Active Member

Nope - doesn't work for me - Stock Froyo

7. Hightech

Hightech Well-Known Member

I think this is what you need......

long press the app you want to move.......place it on top of another app.....

you can then pan the screens back and forth (your selected app stays on top)....move to the one you want....then place the app in an empty spot.

hope it works for you.....

8. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

You are correct it is a feature of the Z ROM's as it is part of the newer HTC Sense and is not in the latest Incredible ROM.

9. Zeimos

Zeimos Active Member

The feature that you are looking for is coming. It's a part of HTC's Sense 3.0. Along with being able to rearrange your home screens (entire screens, not just apps and widgets), HTC has included a lot of cool stuff.

1. The flip clock actually flips!!!
    2. SKINS!!!
    3. Pull down bar now shows most recent apps.
    4. HTC Sense.com
    5. Ability to modify sounds for each notification.

And, maybe even more.

10. wfd38383

wfd38383 New Member

@zeimos do you know when this is going to be released.

11. Zeimos

Zeimos Active Member

I know that the Thunderbolt will be released with it in March. Other than that, not sure when/if HTC will release it to the Incredible. Maybe when Gingerbread comes out?

12. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

From general postings in this forum. It's not typical of HTC of going back and updating older phones. It's more than likely updates to future phones :(

13. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

Maybe possible to get a ROM ported for Dinc when Sense 3.0 available on newer phones?

14. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

HTC updated the MyTouch 3g months after it was replaced. HTC has made it's long term support a major selling point. Not to say that HTC absolutely will provide the upgrade, but my unsubstantiated wild guessing is just as valid as anyone else's. Besides, the most "informed" post I've seen on here has said that we will be getting Sense 3 (but not gingerbread).

I'm am QUITE sure we will be getting a Sense 3 rom in due time.

15. RolandWolters

RolandWolters New Member

I found this thread today, googling for the same question and just as someobdy above here mentioned, the last version of Sense on my HTC Desire HD supports the reordering of the homescreens in this way:

- if not on home, press home key
    - press home key again, overview of all homescreens will appear
    - longpress any homescreen, move it to another location.
    - done!

Sweeeeeeeeeet :)

16. fyrfyter612

fyrfyter612 Well-Known Member

I called HTC a few weeks back about an issue I was having and I was told the Incredible WILL be getting Gingerbread but WILL NOT be getting the new Sense. In fact I was told none of the phones already out will be getting the new Sense...only newly released phones. Not sure how reliable it is but figured I'd mention it. Hoping she was wrong about the new Sense.....I'd like to have it along with Gingerbread.