• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

re: the charge and USB cables on this tablet

reble

Android Enthusiast
Sep 1, 2012
Kennewick Wa
I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 2-10.12 GT-P 5113 CE 0168 that I got not to long ago. The tablet it self works fine. But I am having a bit of a problem with the cables and plugs that came with the tablet, see picture bellow. The long cable with the rubber band around it is the only cable that will charge the tablet. Now I can take the long cable and plug it into the wall wart and it charges the tablet. I take the long cable and plug it into the USB port on the laptop. The laptop will see and talk to the tablet on the long cable but the laptop (on it's a/c power pack) will not charge the tablet on the long cable. The short square USB plug won't charge the tablet and won't work on the laptop, using a regular USB cable. The short pig tail USB plug (I have 2 of the pig tail plugs) won't do anything ether, using the same regular USB cable. I don't understand why these cables are acting the way they are. An added note. all of this cables has Samsung stamped on them

Steve

Attachments

• samsung.jpg
    samsung.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 147
I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 2-10.12 GT-P 5113 CE 0168 that I got not to long ago. The tablet it self works fine. But I am having a bit of a problem with the cables and plugs that came with the tablet, see picture bellow. The long cable with the rubber band around it is the only cable that will charge the tablet.
Steve

Now I can take the long cable and plug it into the wall wart and it charges the tablet.
I take the long cable and plug it into the USB port on the laptop. The laptop will see and talk to the tablet on the long cable but the laptop (on it's a/c power pack) will not charge the tablet on the long cable.

I think it will slow charge but not really worth it. The output from the USB is very low so will take a long time to charge. Not sure what you mean by talk, what happens, maybe file transfer?

The short square USB plug won't charge the tablet and won't work on the laptop, using a regular USB cable. The short pig tail USB plug (I have 2 of the pig tail plugs) won't do anything ether, using the same regular USB cable.

This is probably a USB adapter, meant for either file transfers or using a USB device like a mouse or keyboard. My Tab2 7 came with something similar only w/o the cable.

I don't understand why these cables are acting the way they are. An added note. all of this cables has Samsung stamped on them

Upvote 0
I picked up a docking station on Ebay, see the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/401152353407?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT , and a Samsung tab card reader + USB powered hub link www.ebay.com/itm/401152353407?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT and a H0t Micro USB Female to 30 pin Adapter For Samsung Galaxy Tab 2-10.1.
Now I can plug the card reader + USB powered hub. And plug it into the back of the docking station using the Hot Micro USB Female to 30 pin Adapter. and charge the tablet. But when I plug any of the 3 USB ports on the hub into the USB port on my laptop, nothing happens. The laptop can't connect to the tablet. I think there needs some kind of interface between the tablets hub and the laptop's USB port

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones