• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chckycrk

Oct 22, 2011
Mount Clemens, MI
So check it.
My girlfriend has the same phone on CM7 PG ROM.
now, I knew that PRL 3023 would get you a 3G signal if you swithced to EVDO only mode, but earlier today she was on CDMA only mode with the 3G signal, and 3 bars (about 70 dbm)
Ill get a screenshot of what speeds we were getting later on.
but it actually works a lot faster than the 1xRTT we've been getting.
If this is actually a part of MetroPCS's 3G rollout, then I feel new life will be breathed into our beloved Optimus M, and Metro will be a bit more respected.

Any one else get this?
This is in Macomb Co, Michigan. Between 8 mile at Gratiot and Gibraltar Trade Center.

I kind of live in the same area and seems metro is ota updating their prls. I had 3025 manually updated, then got 3026 the other day ota. I'm not on any rom at the moment, since my new replacement has the reboot issue. if anyone knows if their sd slot can be switched out or the pins repaired let me know please! my first optimus was perfect but can do much when more then half my apps were on the sd. sucks!

Upvote 0
When did you switch her phone to cm7 cause prls I believe. can't be pushed through metro cause hidden menus are not located on cyanogenmods.

I'm using reppards's CM7 on both my wife's phone and mine, and we have both gotten the latest PRL's pushed to our phone. I've never manually updated the PRL and we are running 3026 currently. I'm in the Dallas, TX area. We both have had our OM's since Feb and they started life as 2.2's (rather than 2.2.1 or 2.2.2).

Upvote 0
I'm using reppards's CM7 on both my wife's phone and mine, and we have both gotten the latest PRL's pushed to our phone. I've never manually updated the PRL and we are running 3026 currently. I'm in the Dallas, TX area. We both have had our OM's since Feb and they started life as 2.2's (rather than 2.2.1 or 2.2.2).

Same here. Im on Reppard's CM7 and my girlfriend is on PG. She hasnt been push updated yet, but I have on several occasions. I just switched her about a week ago. I manually added PRL 3023 to hers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones