Really basic noob Contacts question !Support

Last Updated:

1. AndyJT

AndyJT Member This Topic's Starter

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Hello All

Having recently started using an HTC Desire I am fast realising that I am not quite as in touch with modern phones as I thought I was and I need to ask for some advice.

My last phone melted and I have to hold my hands up to say I never backed it up or synced it to an external source so when it screwed up I lost a lot of my contacts, not something I want to happen again.

So here is my question........

Firstly do I want to save them to my sim or my phone, I would normally guess Sim card but cant they be saved to the SD card ? This would seem to be the best option ? When entering a new contact there is the option to save them to the gmail account that I set up so I could use the android market ? I don

Advertisement
  2. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

If you have or sign up to Gmail, you can automatically sync them to google, and never be without them again...

AndyJT likes this.
  3. AndyJT

Thank you dude

Seriously, I feel feel like a total noob, I will get my head around it all eventually.

4. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

No probs. There are answers to everything on this forum. Chances are, you'll find whatever you need in here.

5. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

+1 for Google contacts. Enter contact details in your phone or from the Google website. Everything syncs, and if you change your phone or have to do a hard reset, your phone will drag all your contact data back off the web. This includes multiple phone numbers, email address, home address, contact photos, everything.

AndyJT likes this.
  6. StevenChap

StevenChap Well-Known Member

And you can easily get all your mail routed through to your gmail so you will access to everything on your phone and eventually you can swap over to gmail :D

AndyJT likes this.
  7. AndyJT

Oh Gmail do free domain email hosting too ? that might make life easier lol

Thank you peeps, appreciated.