• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Really strange shut down problem??

jaseuk

Apr 25, 2010
Yorkshire
Okay so here's my problem,

Going to the gym, put my phone in my bag, into a standard metal locker, finish blasting my guns and then pick up bag....phone is off.

My Desire is rooted and has happened with Miui and Redux roms.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Also can't turn the phone back on using the power button but have to pop out the battery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (that includes workout tips)

:D

Hmmm strange as it never happened before rooting (only rooted a week or so ago)

thanks for the tip, I like to work my way down the dip station from no weights to almost fully assisted, works out to be a few hundred reps and a pair of arms resembling Matt Damon's bottom lip in that scene with Robin Williams from Good Will Hunting.... 'it's ok, it's ok, it's ok.....'

Upvote 0
No I tried everything to wake the phone, pushed every button, including holding down the power button, nothing. Had to remove the CM Tough case and pull the battery. I've got a thing in my head that it's gingerbread related, seems to be a lot of niggles with people using 2.3 based roms, this could be one of them?

Upvote 0
the niggles are no more than there are in sense, just you notice them as you have a problem.
personally i have no issues with the latest GV

its a wierd one. i would flash another rom and dont restore any of your stuff via titanium and see if it still happens
I wonder if its something youve restored via titanium backup

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones