• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reason I believe for exploding battery

Reveille

May 3, 2010
I believe it is because they used they own quick charging technology instead of the proven Qualcomm 3.0 technology.

While driving to the A&M football game I used a Qualcomm quick charger 3.0 in my car. I noticed about half there my phone was not really charging much on the car display. So I reached down to pick up the phone it wasn't charging and was so hot it was almost untouchable.

I placed in front of the air conditioner vent and it comes down quickly. I then used the Samsung quick charger and it charged rapidly with no heat at all.

My phone had never over heated or had any trouble but this was the first time in 2 weeks I charged it with another brand of charger other then the Samsung charger.

It appears the decision to attempt to use a different quick charging technology is causing the battery to over heat to me. Which also explains why they didn't notice it in trials because I am relatively sure the people using the phone prior to its release where likely using Samsung chargers so it never over heated.

Hopefully it is just the battery as they believe because I love this phone. Unfortunately I am nervous it could be related to the charger more then the battery. Let's go hope they can do some type of firmware update to enable Qualcomm quick charging in the future.

Reactions: jadmorffier
a85c6ea020a8893f9972da98b0bae5f9.jpg

Upvote 0
So with the battery being the suspect now it is replaceable after all, even at home if you're tech handy. Good to know that these are not soldered into the motherboard and can easily be unplugged to replace if the battery starts getting weak. I searched for battery online and it doesn't appear to have been available nor will it be so for a while now. But, at least it's comforting to know that it is an option once your new phone warranty expires to gain better performance if you're a heavy user.

You can skip to the 2:14 minute mark if you don't care to watch how it comes apart. It's funny to watch him use a heat gun to soften the adhesive between the two halves. He should just plug it into a fast charger and start prying! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: today
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones