• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help reboot issues i cant find talk about in the forums

chrisco_kid

Aug 21, 2010
about once a day my evo is rebooting immediately after sending a text, ill hit send, lock the screen, and sit it down, and in the time i take my hand off the phone, its back to the startup splash screen, im rooted 2.2, im trying to use cachemate to clear data cache and all other cache directories available to me, but it doesnt seem to help, any thoughts?

as a side note i text all through the day, usually about 50 or more, and when the phone reboots, it seems that the message got out before it rebooted, as i have a reply message waiting for me on reboot.

update***
well i installed the OTA update, and it didnt help, beginning to think i just have a bad phone, what do you guys think?

well, i guess it would help if i mentioned that it did this stock, which leads me to believe that the phone is just faulty *sigh* i guess im just being hopeful someone knows something i dont, oh well, i guess ill replace the screen and have htc send me a new one (my screen got destroyed the other day by cement :( )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones