• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Reboot Loop after plugged in to USB port

inssane

Android Expert
Dec 17, 2009
Chi-Town
Yeah...just like I said.
I was trying to update boot image, and no dice.
Everything was nandroided and I re updated 0.7 BB 2.1 for cleanliness. Everything is peachy when on battery, not on USB.
EVEN after cleaning cache and all that, reboot loop. I didn't nandroid this issue, I know that.

Any advice?
Nick

Quick update - I installed update.zip of .8 stable.
Now I'm pissed.

edit - It may have to do with the SD card. I noticed that it took a while for the SD card to initialize at boot the past couple of days.
I unmounted the SD card twice and it immediately rebooted. Hopefully this will narrow the search.

Upvote 0
Well, wouldn't a way to find out if it is indeed the card be to remove it and start the phone? Nothing on the card is needed to actually run the phone is there? Then if that works.. use a card reader to copy your files to the pc and format it?

I have run the phone with an unmounted card.
I will copy and then format it - that's a good idea.
In the morning, I am going to "try" not to do it today (morning), lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones