• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reboot to fastboot/bootlaoder

Every time I reboot my HTC One Mini it goes to the bootloader/fastboot menu screen. If I shut it down, then power it back on it will boot normally, but any restart goes to the fastboot/bootloader screen.

While not a big issue it is preventing me from updating from Android 4.2.2 into 4.4+ as to complete installation it requires the device to restart and doing so goes into the bootloader menu screen and it messes the install up.

When it does this, selecting reboot, reboot bootloader, recovery mode, etc. etc. it always reboots to bootloader screen. If I select power down, then power it back on it boots fine.

If I manually try to enter the fast boot screen using the power button/down volume button method then boot to recovery mode and other options work... but as soon as I reboot normally again it goes right back into the half working fastboot/bootloader screens.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is not a rooted phone and is pretty much stock. I performed a factory reset on it and wiped all data/apps from the device thinking something I had installed had some point could be the cause but so far still have issues.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone may be able to provide.

I am having the same problem, except mine always goes back to the bootloader menu regardless of whether I restart or shutdown. Recovery and Factory reset options do nothing. I have also gone through the process of unlocking the bootloader, however, since I am stuck in the fastboot menu, it never gets to the disclaimer to complete the unlock action. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones