• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rebooting issue (already did factory reset)

Darkxerox

Lurker
Aug 2, 2014
Hi All,

So I was having a problem where my phone would reboot (often when I put it away in my pocket and wasn't touching it). I forced it to shut off, tried charging overnight while powered off, did a factory reset, but it's still having problems.

What occurs is that it will eventually make it and boot all the way, but then trigger into a force reset mode (bottom 3 keys flash, popup says keep holding down power button to reset device), even when I'm not even touching it. The only way to stop it is to get rather violent with the power button and that aborts the cycle.

I tried cleaning out the power button just in case some debris was keeping it stuck down, but it's still having issues. I've left it alone for the last few hours plugged in with no problems, but I'm trying to figure if the problem is a hardware issue or what. I'm leaning towards a bad power button/ribbon, but I'm getting frustrated and may just buy the new HTC M8.

Thanks in advance.

A lot of HTC one X's (including my one) have issues where the power button switch or ribbon goes bad. For some people (me) it'll manifest as the power button essentially not working. For other people, it'll be the power button being always pushed down. I never found a fix for mine (other than sending it to HTC and having them repair it) so you might be looking at a new phone, for better or worse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones