• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rebooting Sense? (Not the phone)

AHWagner

Android Enthusiast
May 20, 2010
Maryland
www.ahwagnerphoto.com
I'm not sure how to explain this, but I'm going to try my best.

Often, after I use an app such as Words With Friends, Facebook, GMail, Market or even just going into Manage Apps, when I exit the app and go back to the home screen, my phone will go to the white screen that says "HTC" on it and then it reloads (I'm assuming its reloading sense, but like I said, I'm not sure what the technical name for it is called) Sense.

My Evo never reboots, it just reboots Sense (which takes like what 3 seconds?) Why does it do this and can I fix it so it doesn't do this? Is my Evo running out of memory or something?

Rooted on 2.3 - Stock ROM.

Thanks for the help! :)

Often, after I use an app such as Words With Friends, Facebook, GMail, Market or even just going into Manage Apps, when I exit the app and go back to the home screen, my phone will go to the white screen that says "HTC" on it and then it reloads (I'm assuming its reloading sense, but like I said, I'm not sure what the technical name for it is called) Sense.

My Evo never reboots, it just reboots Sense (which takes like what 3 seconds?) Why does it do this and can I fix it so it doesn't do this? Is my Evo running out of memory or something?

Have you done all the normal cleaning of the phone? Clearing out unwanted cache, unwanted texts, clearing call logs?

Upvote 0

I know what you mean i had this happen to me alot on the mik3d rom. Im not saying it was the rom but it got so bad i flashed mikg another rom but you should always ry wipin the cache, davlik-cache a couple times just to be sure.

Upvote 0
Sorry was working on making my first splash screen. You have to boot into recovery by powering the phone off completely and then holding the power and down volume button. It will bring you to the white screen you saw when you first rooted your phone. Are you using Amon Ra? If so you should see a couple of options use the volume up/down to cycle through them to the one that says recovery and then press the power button to select it. This will bring you to another screen with more options again use the volume down to go to WIPE and press the power button again. This will bring you to another screen go to CACHE hit the power button and it will ask you if you really want to do that so hit the power button again and it will wipe your cache. Once thats done choose DAVLIK-CACHE and repeat. Once finished reboot the phone and see if that helps ok. Most issues can be resolved this way, if that doesnt help try reflashing the rom.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I had this problem on stock ROM before I rooted. Then I flashed a custom rom and no more problem. Go go HTC. Maybe they should employ some of these devs who seem to do better then them anyhow.

i know, right? can you how much happier non rooted people would be if their evo had mikg installed on their phone?

Reactions: Xtremedays
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones