• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jlb0305

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2010
I'm on my second incredible. First had call quality issue and this one has been fine until recently. Now I'm getting random reboots.

First noticed one while on a phone call with my dad. It was over bluetooth in car with navigation & gps on. It rebooted mid conversation. I was on 95 in baltimore with 4 bars and 3g.

Everything since has been while listening to slacker. Either while phone is sitting there or while surffing the web. Once was while listening in the car in philadelphia on 95 no navigation (always 2-3 bars and 3g).

Is there an issue with crashes due to trying to use more data than available?

I've had the second phone for just over two months and it didn't start crashing until about two weeks ago. Every crash has been while plugged into a charger also.

Any one have similar issues or suggestions? I haven't noticed any crashes off charger. Could it have something to do with the grounding issue?

I have have had a similar problem.

My phone will randomly reboot, as a matter of fact, it happened today while listening to Slacker radio. The phone froze and then rebooted.
It has also happened while listening to Sirius/XM. Does not happen everytime but I would say it has happened at least 5 times since I got the phone which was back on April 19th. Fortunately it has only happened while listening at work, not while on a call.

I wonder if we should be notifying Verizon when it happens?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones