• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help receiving two e-mails both HTC and Google

fred2099

Jun 23, 2010
Cary NC
I am using Gmail. When I receive an e-mail, I get the same e-mail twice one in the HTC mail box and the other in the Google mail box. I have tried to delete the HTC mail but it will not allow me. If I go to manage applications and choose HTC mail, I can choose forced stop which temporarily stops the double e-mail. It will always revert back however to receving e-mails. Is there a way to permanently stop HTC mail or delete it permantely?

Thanks!!!

You can't remove HTC mail without rooting, since it's built in. However, you should be able to delete your gmail account from the HTC mail app. Go to the gmail inbox in HTC Mail, then hit Menu->More->Settings. You can tap on delete account and that should stop HTC mail from pulling your gmail.

I haven't done this myself, so I can't prove what i've said, but looking at the options in HTC Mail it makes sense.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones