• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Recent Update and Root Problems.....

I have a rooted Droid X using z4 root. Also have Liberty Tweaks for mods. I'm ignorant to development and know just enough about Root to screw up my phone... Anyway, I tried to install the latest update on Droid X (that apparently changes some colors of the desktop..?). For some reason it says Install Fail. I've tried to unroot and uninstall Liberty but I get the same results... Any ideas?:thinking:

Reactions: Teenyman
Upvote 0
It's only easier if you don't already have RSDLite setup. If it's already setup, they are both just as easy.

Yeah they are but I have been getting into the habit of recommending the Linux route for our less experienced users. While RSDlite is easy, having to deal with the windows 7 64 bit problems, when they do happen, can be a major PITA for them.

Reactions: Teenyman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones