• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Recommend a Good Battery and Cover?

Darn. I might give htcexpress a call or email to discuss this. It's happening on all 3 phones, all 3 batteries.

Edit: They got back to me and offered to "take care of it" meaning I could get my money back. But they also said no one else is having this problem. So I'll just keep them and live with it. My kids don't care if they squeak a little and they love the extra battery life.

I even went into the Verizon store and they offered me another back which did the same thing. So it's probably the phone (original / day one) design? Oh well.

Upvote 0
I ordered this battery a little less than a week ago. Got it yesterday. Typically I use my phone at work with 3g on, syncing every 30 minutes, with a little bit of usage here or there. By the end of my shift I'm typically at 15-20%.

I'm using the new battery now. I even used gps navigation for about 15 minutes, and did some texting and having fb chat online for a couple hours. I finished my shift 2 hours ago. and I'm at 45% battery life. When I charged it I would say it charged to roughly 94% (that's what it dropped down to after the first 7-8 minutes)

Upvote 0
So these batteries finally showed up yesterday. Took about 8 days.....not to bad I guess considering CA to OH shipping and the holidays.

Put one in the phone and it was at ~60% battery life. Did some internet surfing, facebooking, a few texts and a phone call. The battery went down to ~20% in about 3 hours. Not impressed so far.

Turned the phone off and plugged it in for the night.

As of this message, I've had it unplugged for almost 3 hours. Email is on automatic update and I've done a little google talk. I'm currently sitting at 92% battery life. With the standard battery, I'm usually sitting at 90% by the time I get to work, which was 2 hours ago.

So I'm happy so far....we'll see what happens as the day progresses. If I can go a full day without having to plug in the phone, this will be money well spent!

On a bad note, they did ship me the wrong wall charger. So I need to contact HTCexpress.com about that.

Upvote 0
So here's the next update. I had a 2 hour lunch meeting yesterday and my phone was my entertainment for most of it.....google talk, internet, facebook, emails pretty much constantly. The battery quickly went down to about 50% by 2pm. After that I didn't really mess with it too much. Brief spurts of internet and auto email update for the rest of the day. I think I made a couple phone calls too. When I plugged it in at about 11pm last night, it was sitting at 5%.

Today I haven't messed with it much....actually had to do some work. A couple google talk messages, a couple text messages and auto email update. Pulled it off the charger at 7:20am and its now 10:20am. Its sitting at 88% battery life.

Upvote 0
I now have (in addition to the stock battery) the Seidio 1750 (which fits the stock cover) as well as secondhand HTC 2150 mAmp and an OEM 2600 mAmp. The two extended batteries fit the fat cover.

I'm rooted, running Virtuous 3.2 with Lou's #4 kernel which means that with the Seidio battery, I can leave the charger at 7 a.m. and still have 30% remaining in the tank at midnight with plenty of use in between.

I'm intending to use the 2150 and 2600 for long travel days when I may use the Dinc for movies or music while on a plane, or sitting waiting for a plane (like that never happens....) Will report back on my mileage.

My anticipation is that either 2xxx batteries can provide 24+ hours without charging, given that the 1750 gives me at least 17-20 hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones