• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recommend an Incredible 2 case I'll love

I have the silver Case Mate Barely There. I tried a couple of cases and found this was a good compromise as it really makes the phone sleek (kind of looks like a nicer version of the iPhone). The holes and everything line up perfectly as well.

i have this one also but found i don't like it much because it really becomes too slippery for me. its way too smooth and slick. makes it too easy to lose grip of it.

Upvote 0
Really surprised nobody has mentioned the otterbox commuter case. I have one for the inc 2 and one for the droid x and the case is top notch for a good protective case with minimal bulk added. Comes with a great screen protecter, silicon sleeve that you slide the phone into (sleeve includes a plug for the usb port) and then a plastic outer shell that the sleeve slides into. I ordered mine from amazon and with upgraded next day delivery (using the free amazon prime trial) I paid a total of $26 and change.

Upvote 0
My wife and I just got the Dinc2. I've go mine in an Otterbox Defender which I love because it adds just enough bulk to the phone to fit better in hands. My wife has the Seidio Active which she loves because it's not as bulky. Both look great. If you want a fuller form factor for your phone and max protection go with Otterbox Defender. If you want slimmer form factor with good protection go with Seidio Active. Both fit perfectly and have the lip you want.

Update to my Otterbox Defender case. I've started to notice squeaking from where the inner shell does not tightly fit together against the phone. Others also complain of the same thing. The silicone outer shell is also beginning to loosen up and slip off the edges. Only 1 week old too. Getting ready to test drive a siedieo active like my wife bought and may switch.

Upvote 0
Really surprised nobody has mentioned the otterbox commuter case. I have one for the inc 2 and one for the droid x and the case is top notch for a good protective case with minimal bulk added. Comes with a great screen protecter, silicon sleeve that you slide the phone into (sleeve includes a plug for the usb port) and then a plastic outer shell that the sleeve slides into. I ordered mine from amazon and with upgraded next day delivery (using the free amazon prime trial) I paid a total of $26 and change.

I have the Otterbox Commuter. Per the OP's wishlist, the Commuter is neither sleek nor sexy.

Upvote 0
Regarding your question, it definitely is sturdy enough to protect the phone from a fall. However, keep in mind the top/bottom is mainly unprotected. Like yourself, I want to keep my phone protected but tried several of the more "protective" cases like the Otterbox and felt the phone went from one of the sleekest Smart Phone to fairly large and bulky like the Droid X and newer 4g phones.

Also, regarding the "slippery" comment, I don't have that issue because I also ordered a "skinit" skin that I applied on the back of the case so that easily took care of that problem.

Upvote 0
Regarding your question, it definitely is sturdy enough to protect the phone from a fall. However, keep in mind the top/bottom is mainly unprotected. Like yourself, I want to keep my phone protected but tried several of the more "protective" cases like the Otterbox and felt the phone went from one of the sleekest Smart Phone to fairly large and bulky like the Droid X and newer 4g phones.

Also, regarding the "slippery" comment, I don't have that issue because I also ordered a "skinit" skin that I applied on the back of the case so that easily took care of that problem.

How do you like the skinit?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones