Recommended apps

Last Updated:

1. microserfs

microserfs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

This morning I stupidly managed to drop my phone down the toilet. Took it to CPW and got a brand new one replaced (luckily still had insurance).

One thing's that disappointed me is that all my apps have disappeared. I'm having a relapse in memory and for the life of me can't remember the apps I had installed. Anyone have any good apps to recommend? Good music players, good ebook readers, etc? Games?

Also... I've read a lot of people have updated to Froyo... where is this update available to get from?

Advertisement
  2. liewbob

liewbob Well-Known Member

If you had appbrain installed on your original phone, you can go to http://www.appbrain.com/my_apps on your pc and reinstall your apps. Appbrain and appAware are both good sources for getting app recommendations.

3. microserfs

microserfs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did actually! Wow, thanks for reminding me.. just hoping I synced all the apps I had to Appbrain and that it can pick them up.

Do I have to reinstall the apps via the PC? Any specific way of getting them on the phone? I don't have Froyo yet.

4. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

All I have to say is...smooth! :D

As for Appbrain, I'd probably just write the names down then search for them and install them from the Appbrain app on the phone. But there may be a faster way.

5. liewbob

liewbob Well-Known Member

I haven't tried to install from appbrain.com but normally you can browse for an app and install from appbrain. I have no idea if you can still do this if appbrain still thinks it's installed on your phone - so, like Phenom... sys, I'd print our or write down the appbrain list before I synced the new phone.
    Also, there are other apps that you may have installed that track your installed & uninstalled apps and may save them to your SD Card - if you're still using the same card?