• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Recording Failed" - Only in HD and only when storing on phone?

TechGrin

May 26, 2010
Hi guys

My galaxy s has recently given me a "warning recording failed" message about a minute or so into recording a video.

Strange thing is that it only happens when recording in HD resoution, and only when the phone is selected as the storage type. It works fine if the SD card is selected, or in any other resolution!

So Im just curious as to what could be causing this? Would it be a result of full memory? Or anythin to do with the lag fix I installed?

Any ideas?

Its def not a memory issue, it seems very intermittent, so hopefully 2.2 will fix it. I'll have to wait until samsung get their fingers out and release the official update as I have one of the handsets that can't enter recovery mode manually so I don't wasn't to risk flashing a custom rom!

Upvote 0
Hi guys

My galaxy s has recently given me a "warning recording failed" message about a minute or so into recording a video.

Strange thing is that it only happens when recording in HD resoution, and only when the phone is selected as the storage type. It works fine if the SD card is selected, or in any other resolution!

So Im just curious as to what could be causing this? Would it be a result of full memory? Or anythin to do with the lag fix I installed?

Any ideas?
Yes I have The Perfect Solution to your Problem. Make sure your android is rooted then on your phone go to the Android Market and download SDBooster and you will no longer receive Recording Failed notices. Make sure you enter 2048KB in SDBooster then check the small box so it sets on boot and press apply and you are finished.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones