"Recording Failed" - Only in HD and only when storing on phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. TechGrin

TechGrin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys

My galaxy s has recently given me a "warning recording failed" message about a minute or so into recording a video.

Strange thing is that it only happens when recording in HD resoution, and only when the phone is selected as the storage type. It works fine if the SD card is selected, or in any other resolution!

So Im just curious as to what could be causing this? Would it be a result of full memory? Or anythin to do with the lag fix I installed?

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

The lagfix does take up a considerable chunk of spare internal memory but you should still have enough.

Just how much memory do you have available on the internal SD Card?

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I had that HD 'Recording failed' message occasionally with 2.1 Eclair. Not so with JPK 2.2 Froyo. Possibly a bug with 2.1.

4. TechGrin

TechGrin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Its def not a memory issue, it seems very intermittent, so hopefully 2.2 will fix it. I'll have to wait until samsung get their fingers out and release the official update as I have one of the handsets that can't enter recovery mode manually so I don't wasn't to risk flashing a custom rom!

5. ozosrt4

ozosrt4 Member

I get the same thing on my Epic. About 30 seconds into video but I will immediately start another recording with same settings and it works. Android 2.1

6. geru

geru Member

I'm having this error when storing to card or phone, can't record any video. When I reboot the phone the video recording works again, but in a while it stops working. So effectively I can't record videos with my phone :(

7. miss_sjg_x

miss_sjg_x New Member

Do you have the official Twitter app installed? If so uninstall it. It's worked across the board in many forums and online help, and also worked for me. My phone also would not play youtube vids either and getting rid of twittter has also fixed that.

Hope this helps :)

8. Black Rose

Black Rose Well-Known Member

I've had video recording failures, Youtube playback issue and also problems playing m4a files that a reboot resolves.

I knew the Twitter app was bad, but it causes all these issues?

9. Mexican Beaner

Mexican Beaner New Member

Yes I have The Perfect Solution to your Problem. Make sure your android is rooted then on your phone go to the Android Market and download SDBooster and you will no longer receive Recording Failed notices. Make sure you enter 2048KB in SDBooster then check the small box so it sets on boot and press apply and you are finished.