• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help recover deleted photos from internal memory

Mehta23

Android Expert
Nov 28, 2011
England,UK
gadgetblur.com
I've had a quick search and it seems like most s/w packages out there are for recovering files from an sd card. My issue is that I'm trying to recover photos from the internal memory, on an unrooted Note 3.

looking around it seems like some options include Recuva and Photorec, although I dont know if they work for internal memory.

Any help? Is there any hope to recover anything?

I've had a quick search and it seems like most s/w packages out there are for recovering files from an sd card. My issue is that I'm trying to recover photos from the internal memory, on an unrooted Note 3.

looking around it seems like some options include Recuva and Photorec, although I dont know if they work for internal memory.

Any help? Is there any hope to recover anything?

You will need a program called "Undeleter for Root Users" available from the Google Play store, and you will need root privileges on your phone.

Reactions: Mehta23
Upvote 0
File recovery utilities such as Recuva intended for Windows files are worthless on iOS or Android mobile devices. There are some apps like DiskDigger, Easeus, Android Recovery, etc that could possibly help. However, they require rooting the phone.

Also, the more the phone has been used since deleting files, the poorer the chances of recovery. That's because the chances of the old data - which is actually still there, not erased, but more like marked for deletion - being overwritten increase with use. Then the data really is gone. And rooting itself might overwrite your lost data.

Anyway, if the data has not been overwritten and if you're willing to root the phone and if you're willing to buy the software, then maybe you can recover some of the files.

From now on, remember - backups, backups, backups!

Upvote 0
File recovery utilities such as Recuva intended for Windows files are worthless on iOS or Android mobile devices. There are some apps like DiskDigger, Easeus, Android Recovery, etc that could possibly help. However, they require rooting the phone.

Also, the more the phone has been used since deleting files, the poorer the chances of recovery. That's because the chances of the old data - which is actually still there, not erased, but more like marked for deletion - being overwritten increase with use. Then the data really is gone. And rooting itself might overwrite your lost data.

Anyway, if the data has not been overwritten and if you're willing to root the phone and if you're willing to buy the software, then maybe you can recover some of the files.

From now on, remember - backups, backups, backups!

Another called MobiKin Doctor for Android also worth recommending

Upvote 0
Hello, as I know, when the data stored on the phone internal memory was deleted or removed completely, it will often be completely erased immediately. That’s why it could not be retrieved in such cases.

However, if you do have used a SD card inside that phone and saved important data there, after accidental delete or format, you can also still get chances to recover data from phone memory card with phone data recovery software.

And many free data recovery options, like Reuva, iCare Data Recovery Free, Pandora Recovery and PC Inspector, etc, could be nice chances for you.

Also learn lessons to make phone data backups well no matter whether you do have save phone data on the phone internal memory or phone SD memory card.

Upvote 0
The internal memory? Actually, u can use Easeus Mobisaver for Android. This software focus on android mobile phone. And it also has the IOS version. it can free download and use. But the free version is limited. But if it is trully efficent, maybe u can use it. Google EaseUS and u can find the official web. This company focuses on development of data recovery and backup software.
Good luck.

Upvote 0
Hello,
The same situation once I have also faced where all my photos of last five years were deleted because my daughter had pressed something on my Android phone. later on I found all my photos are gone. I was so confused and irritated that how will I recover those important photos.
But one my friend told me to use any powerful recovery software and I did that. I have used Android data recovery software that has recovered by lost photos from internal memory without any further loss. So I am really thankful to the software I have used and now i am happy that all my photos are recovered.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones